Print this page

Transferring Credit to FRCC

If a student plans to complete a degree or certificate with applicable transfer credit, an official transcript must be sent directly to FRCC from each institution where the credits were earned. As part of this process, students must complete a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request Form. This form is available online at

The transfer of academic credit to the college is governed by the Colorado Community College System (CCCS) College Transfer Guide (ES 9-82) and reads as follows:

  • FRCC will only accept transfer credit from post-secondary institutions accredited by one of the six regional accrediting associations. Credits earned at nationally accredited or unaccredited institutions are not transferable to FRCC.
  • Only courses which are applicable to students' FRCC degree or certificate requirements are generally accepted in transfer.
  • Courses accepted in transfer MUST match the content and meet or exceed the rigor of the accepting institution as determined by the professional judgment of the transfer evaluator or department chair.
  • Transfer credit is accepted as specified by legislated and CCCS articulation agreements.
  • The college may examine credits to ensure that the content is not outdated or obsolete. Please note that some courses that are more than 10 years old may not be transferable. In addition, science courses must be no more than 7 years old for some health programs (please check with the department).
  • No credit taken more than 10 years prior to transcript evaluation may be transferred against requirements of any Degree with Designation.
  • Courses will be evaluated against the Common Course Numbering System.
  • The official FRCC transcript will include courses taken at the institution and those transfer credits requested by the student.
  • Courses will be transcribed with CCCNS course number, title, prefix and the number of credits awarded by the transferring institution.
  • Grades for transfer courses will be recorded in Banner and show on the official transcript. Grades for transfer courses are not included in the Grade Point Average.
  • Pre-requisite courses below the 100 level will not be accepted in transfer and will not appear on the transcript, but will be noted in the student's record.
  • A grade of "C" or better, "P", "S" (when representing at least "C" level work) or better is required for transfer. Transfer credit will not be awarded for courses with "D", "F", or "U" grades.
  • There is no limit to the amount of credit transferred into FRCC; however, no more than 75% of degree or certificate requirements may be completed using transfer credit. At least 25% of degree or certificate requirements must be earned at FRCC.
  • Upper-level courses can be accepted in transfer IF the course can be equated to a course in CCCNS.
  • Elective courses that do not equate to a CCCNS course will be listed with the appropriate prefix, numbered as 999 and include "Elective" with a colon and then an entry to describe the course content. If no appropriate prefix is included in the CCCNS then the elective course will be given either the prefix TRN for Transfer Elective or CTE for Career Technical Elective. The course number will be 999, and the title will include a colon and an entry to describe the course content.
  • Prior Learning Assessment credits will be accepted as determined by the CCCS Prior Learning Assessment Credit Manual.
  • Transfer courses that have the GT designation will be noted as GT courses. If the course is not present in the CCCNS then it will be transcribed with the prefix GTP for GT-Pathways, the applicable GTP course number, and the course title that matches the GT designation, (e.g., CO1, AH3, MA1, etc.)
  • Transfer credits will be awarded as governed by CCHE and State Board policies and System President procedures.
  • Quarter hours and other non-standard credit hours that are accepted in transfer will be converted into semester credit hours. 

Transfer of International Credits

Students who have attended international institutions and want their credits evaluated for transfer must first have the international transcripts evaluated by a recognized member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) and have an official copy of their course-by-course credit evaluation report sent directly to FRCC. A complete list of approved NACES members can be found at FRCC will perform a transfer credit evaluation only after the student has declared a degree program and submitted both a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request form and an official copy of their NACES course-by-course credit evaluation report. Students may also be required to provide English-translated course descriptions for courses that they wish to have transferred.


For information see the Academic Suspension Appeals section.