Print this page

Transferring Credit to Four-Year Schools

Students who select an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science Degree are generally interested in pursuing their education by transferring to four-year institutions. It is important to note:

  1. Students who have graduated from a community college have fewer transfer difficulties than those who transfer without graduating.
  2. The transfer of “D” credits is dependent upon the policy of each institution. “D” credit in the A.A. and A.S. degrees will invalidate the guaranteed transfer of those degrees. “D” grades earned after September 1, 2005 will not be applicable to A.A., A.S., and A.G.S degrees at FRCC.
  3. Most institutions only transfer courses for which they have equivalent offerings.
  4. A change of program of study may extend the time required to complete a degree.

Because graduation requirements vary among institutions, students should familiarize themselves with the general education requirements of the institution to which they intend to transfer. For transfer assistance, contact a FRCC advisor or counselor. Transfer agreements for Colorado public higher education institutions may be viewed at Transfer information may also be obtained from four-year college and university representatives who visit FRCC. Students are also encouraged to visit the school to which they plan on transferring.

If you encounter any problems transferring gtPathways coursework or an associate's degree covered by one of the statewide articulation agreements to another college or university, please speak to an advisor at Front Range Community College and at the school into which you will transfer. If you are unable to resolve the issue, you may file a student complaint with the Colorado Department of Higher Education to resolve the problem.