Print this page

Colorado Guaranteed Transfer

We Guarantee Your Transfer

To help eliminate the guesswork of transferring course credits and associate degrees, Colorado has developed a statewide guaranteed transfer program called gtPathways (guaranteed transfer pathways) and many statewide articulation agreements. For more information, go to


gtPathways applies to all Colorado public colleges and universities, with more than 1,000 lower-division general education courses in 20 subject areas guaranteed to transfer. After starting at Front Range Community College or another public college or university in Colorado and, upon acceptance to another, you can transfer up to 31 credits of previously and successfully (C- or better) completed gtPathways coursework. These courses will automatically transfer with you and continue to count toward your general education core or graduation requirements for any liberal arts or science associate or bachelor's degree. You should check with the school you wish to attend so you are clear about which credits will transfer beyond any that are guaranteed by gtPathways. For a complete and updated list of gtPathways curriculum, go to

Statewide Transfer Articulation Agreements

The purpose of a statewide transfer articulation agreement is to identify the courses a student at Front Range Community College must complete as part of an Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) degree to be guaranteed to be able to complete a bachelor's degree program (B.A. or B.S.) at any public four-year college or university that offers that bachelor's degree program. Again, you should check with the community college where you start and the 4-year school you wish to transfer into to ensure you are registering for the appropriate courses. For a complete and updated list of statewide transfer articulation agreements, go to

Institutional Transfer Guides

Besides gtPathways and the articulation and transfer agreements listed above, many colleges and universities have other transfer agreements that may apply to you. If you complete an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree, 60 credit hours of your A.A. or A.S. degree are guaranteed to transfer to a four-year school, once you are accepted for admission. And, you may be able to finish a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree within another 60 credit hours. Note that some bachelor's degrees require more than an additional 60 credits to complete. When in doubt, speak to an advisor or go to